Here at John Welch School of Guitar Metal playing is our forte! To become a Heavy Metal guitarist you need to be persistent, precise and persevere through the darkest of hours and we have just the courses for that. Metal is heavily influenced by classical music and blues and we will see how these styles formed and evolved to become the heaviness that is Metal.
Playing Metal is a physical workout at the best of times and we will cover a lot of ground to make your technique second to none and have you tap faster than Michael Flatley. Courses include learning of songs ranging from Black Sabbath to Metallica, from Megadeth to Deftones and even some glam of the 80’s like Twisted Sister and Mötley Crüe.
Here are just a few things we will work on and learn about in our Metal guitar courses:
- Effective use of the Pentatonic and Blues Scales
- Effective use of the Harmonic Minor Scale and its Modes
- Right Hand Technique and Posture
- Left hand Technique and Posture
- Making sense of the Guitar Neck
- Accurate Alternate Right Hand Picking
- Sweep Picking
- Two Hand Tapping
- Hybrid Picking
- Metal Timing and understanding Blast Beats
- Major and Minor Scales, Modes and Tonality
- Mastering the Modes
- Understanding Chromaticism
- Superimposition and Substitution
- Mastering Metal Rhythm Playing
- Practise Regimen
- Getting the best results from of your practise time
- Metal Guitar Repertoire and Standards
- Metal Improvisation
- Chords other than Power Chords
- Choosing Spandex
- How to leave the competition in your dust!
Get to the next level in your Metal guitar playing and become the guitar player you deserve to be!
[button link=”https://johnwelchguitar.co.uk/get-in-touch/” size=”xl” text=”grey”]Contact[/button]