Fallen in love with the pure unadulterated sound of an acoustic guitar? Want to learn how to press those pesky barre-chords on those thick strings? Or perhaps you know that already but want to play like Al di Meola or Tommy Emmanuel? Let’s get strumming then!
The acoustic guitar is a beautiful instrument capable of a wide variety of melodic as well as percussive sounds. Although most people begin their musical journey on an acoustic guitar, few people ever master the splendour of this instrument and that we want to remedy!
Because of the heavier nature of the strings coupled with a mostly un-amplified sound, the acoustic guitar can seem like a daunting piece of kit, but play it well and the crowd will swoon at your feet.
Here are just a few things we will work on and learn about in our acoustic guitar courses:
- Master Changing from one Chord to the other
- Effective use of the Pentatonic and Blues Scales
- Effective use of Scales on the Acoustic Guitar
- Right Hand Technique and Posture
- Left hand Technique and Posture
- Making sense of the Guitar Neck
- Finger Style Playing
- Hybrid Picking
- Timing, Rhythm and Strumming
- Major and Minor Tonality
- Mastering the Modes
- 7th Chords
- Open Tunings
- Accurate Right Hand Picking
- Practise Regimen
- Getting the best results from of your practise time
- Acoustic Guitar Repertoire and Standards
- Chord Melodies
- Accompanying Singers and other Musicians
- Making peace with Country Music
- How to leave the competition in your dust!
Get to the next level in your acoustic guitar playing and become the guitar player you deserve to be!
[button link=”https://johnwelchguitar.co.uk/get-in-touch/” size=”xl” text=”grey”]Contact[/button]